Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

#Misc Pokemon: A Fighter's Quest [animator Needed]

Discussion in 'Collab Room / Projects' started by TheEvilSpheal, Sep 15, 2016.

↑ ↓
  1. TheEvilSpheal

• 27/30

Hey guys, me here. Before I ask what type of help I need, I should explain what this series is about.

Pokemon: A Fighter's Quest is a maple story series centers around a teenage boy called Zack and his friend Jessica. Zack is a martial artist that has been forced into it from a young age as he had 'other-worldly potential', but he really just wants to become a pokemon trainer. Jessica has grown up in a poor family that hasn't got enough money to keep her, so she had to go off on a pokemon journey as well. Together they explore the region of [*insert region*] while making friends and rivals along the way. They also battle against a criminal gang called Kaifuku.

This is a comedy/action series that focuses on adventure, characters and overall entertainment. I'm aiming the show towards teenage and adult pokemon fans. I've been putting lots of work into working on the story and characters and I really wanna get this series started.

There's just one problem...

I'm a writer and artist, not an animator. To get this series going, I need an animator that'll be able to animate the scenes. Here's what I'm requesting...

-15 Minute episode every 2 months [With the Opening and Outro that would mean 13 minutes]
    -Animated human fights
    - Occasional animated Pokemon battles using Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sprites [most pokemon battles will be recorded using Pokemon Showdown]
    -Someone who's decent with animating MS and PMD sprites
    -Expressive facial expressions and blinking/eye movement [don't know if this is standard with MS animators but I just thought I'd put it here anyway]
    -You're working for free

And that's it. I'm honestly willing to take anyone. I just need someone to animate, I can do all the music, sound FX, editing, writing, character creation, ect. I'd be forever thankful if ANYONE could help me. If you're interested, here's my contact details.

Email: lukesevillair@gmail.com
    Skype: LukeTheEvilPregnantGinger [I'm not actually ginger or pregnant btw. I'm actually a male]

#1 TheEvilSpheal, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  2. Aubrei Prince

Staff Member Administrator Moderator NEX Creator
    • 27/30

CC Points:
    Hey EvilSpheal, glad you join NexGen and made a topic, but I would to say that your request cannot be really fulfilled. What you're asking for is the equivalent of telling a construction worker to build you a Skyscraper every two weeks. Most animators I know (Including Myself) could take several months to get one scene done exactly how they envisioned it.

A great example is theredheadhenry who thought he could animate a mini sprite series every week but it didn't exactly pan out that way. I'd say you're better off taking a page out of CavmanFilms book, and doing a Pixelmon Machinima series. All you really need is just a few friends and a couple other simple mods to pull this off.

We can definitely point you in the direction to some tutorials that can teach you how to animate in Flash or After Effects, along with some other resources. That's just my honest two cents on the matter but hey maybe someone will take on the offer.

rhlpixels likes this.
  3. TheEvilSpheal

• 27/30

Yeah, every two weeks is a bit much. I'm probably gonna move it up to every month or 2. I'm also not gonna do a Pixelmon series, as it is definitely not the direction and look I want for my series. I'm either gonna give up on it, or try to tell my story in another form such as a Comic or most likely Online Story on Wattpad. But I'd prefer for my series to get animated in some form, but that's very unlikely.