Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

#Series Paper Mario Animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by E-Man, Jul 18, 2017.

↑ ↓
  1. E-Man

• 17/30

Funny you should mention weeds. I'll actually apply some anyway once the path has more progress. The path has a lot of quirks I need to sort out, so this will take a while. One of these is how it'll handle uneven terrain.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I forgot to mention this in the last image, but which would you like for the border tiles on what I call the transition tab? Should they hang like that, or should I cut them off?
    [​IMG]

2. captainkakarot64

• 27/30

I think I'll choose the staircase path, makes it look like the tiles has subsided and needs to be refilled in some places. I do wonder though, is the path going to look elevated again when you use a different perspective? The border that's cut on the transition tab is better. I like the goomba's area with the aligned bricks but I think it would look better when you add lines to those bricks that are jammed to the wall of the gorge like this.
    [​IMG]

3. E-Man

• 17/30

What exactly do you mean by the path looking elevated again when using a different perspective?

In any case, I addressed the changes and more!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. E-Man

• 17/30

I'm hitting a bit of a roadblock again. Without new information, I can't exactly progress properly. For now, I'm spinning my wheels as I try different things.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. captainkakarot64

• 27/30

I saw some other people making 3d models they were satisfied at first but much later realised it looked weird when they changed perspectives so they had to redo the model al over again. I didn't want that to happen to you too with the path but perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

The border of the bricks are good and I prefer the natural grass on the cliff. The path is fine both with and without filling the gaps. I don't know about the grass since I'm still practicing with contrasts myself :ohno: The crumbling path looks much better I think making the loose tiles more asymmetrical would make it even better.