Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Interesting Beyond The Pixels; Venom

Discussion in 'Site news & Updates' started by rhlpixels, Aug 11, 2016.

↑ ↓
By rhlpixels on Aug 11, 2016 at 4:36 PM
  1. rhlpixels

rhlpixels Rigorous Hipster Lady Pixels
    Staff Member Administrator Hall of Famer
    • 437/474

CC Points:
    Welcome! If you enjoy seeing steps and processes for pixel arts, look no further, just look below!

So I started with sketching out my base; I did a few quick sketches with a pen and paper to get a general idea down. I wanted to work on shapes and balance with this as it's something I more often than not have always struggled with and the only way to get better at something is to try'n do it! So I did this. Then I said lol this pose is dumb
    [​IMG]

So, I tweaked the pose. This tweaked pose is what I originally sketched out on paper, idk I why I changed my original plan when I started getting the pose down in pixels haha I came running back to this one anyway.

[​IMG]
    From there I pixelled his body. It took a while but I wanted to get the body down aight before putting clothes on it. It makes it so much easier to make sure everything is where it should be, making sure everything lines up, making sure the anatomy isn't f***ed up, it's just something I always always do and it's something I highly recommend doing.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then I moved on to the clothes. I just pixel over the body, erase body parts after clothing is on as necessary. If you have a program with layers then I recommend using layers so you can keep the body just in case things go amiss. As you can see, I use the light colors for fine details, like the belt and some lines in the hand. I just do this to remind myself of details that might help, like the angle of the belt and form of the hand, etc...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THEN THE FUN PART :D Coloring and AA-ing the line art!! I enjoy this process. I have outline how I go about it here http://rhlpixels.deviantart.com/art/My-AA-technique-s-602641142

[​IMG]

Little tiny palettes start invading

[​IMG]
    Tiny little palettes

[​IMG]
    Tiny little palettes everywhere

[​IMG]
    TINYLITTLEPALETTESEVERYWHERE

[​IMG]
    And done :D

[​IMG]

If you would like to be featured and make articles outlining your work then send me a message!

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Site news & Updates' started by rhlpixels, Aug 11, 2016.